mindfulness retreat: dec. 9th-12th 2018
Mindfulness Retreat at Camp Cecil on Isla Espiritu Santo with Omar Piña.
Connect, heal, transform...
This December 9-12, 2018, you are invited to a Mindfulness Retreat at Camp Cecil with Omar Piña, author of the best-selling book, NAHOA. Based on beautiful Isla Espiritu Santo, this retreat will allow you to feel the heartbeat of the earth, flow in the blue healing waters of the Sea of Cortez, transform your fears, open your heart, remember who you really are, open your senses and be one with the universe...
Your guide for the retreat is Omar Piña, Educational Psychologist, Holistic Herbal Healer, Advanced Pranic Healer, and International Ontological Coach. Omar is also Certified in Permaculture and Mindfulness. The retreat is based on the principals set forth in Omar's best-selling book, NAHOA.
Originally from Mexico City, Omar has studied traditional Mexican medicine with native peoples, shamans, curanderos and rancheros throughout Mexico for many years.
- Open your senses: We will start with a sensorial dynamic with our eyes closed, walking through the beach, opening our intuition and relaxing the rational mind.
- Simple awareness: This sunset exercise will help us to tune in and open to our body sensations, allowing ourselves to become aware of our bodies and our connection to the earth.
- Attention: At sunrise we consciously adopt an alert and relaxed body posture so that we can feel relatively comfortable without moving, and then we reside with calm acceptance in the present without trying to fill it with anything.
- Dealing with your emotions: Now that you have a sense of the dimensions of mindfulness, you will experience progressive stages that offer a realistic approach to practice how to deal with difficult emotions. We will do this before the water activities.
- Flow and heal in the ocean: We will enjoy some of the island's many water-based activities such as kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, snorkeling, swimming with sea lions...using mindfulness tools!
- Stress - Responding vs. Reacting: What we are doing is creating a space to reconnect with our natural resilience and wisdom. You are simply tuning in to what is happening right now, without expectation of any particular result. We will do this at sunset.
- Soften, soothe, allow: Reconnect with our inner wisdom to flow with difficult moments.
The Glamping: Camp Cecil
Award-winning Camp Cecil is located on the pristine and wildly beautiful Isla Espiritu Santo, part of a National Marine Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site. The camp includes 8 walk-in tents that have real beds, lovely linens, chairs inside and out, bedside tables with lamps, mirrors, storage areas and towels for beach and bath. Each tent can have either one king bed or two twin beds, and there is room for cots as well. (Added joy: the housekeeping staff cleans the tents and makes the beds each day!) There is a large dining tent with tables, chairs and lounging sofas where the camp chefs serve terrific food throughout the day, starting with cold breakfast and coffee, followed by hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Two sun shower and two compost toilet cabañas complete the camp. Camp Cecil has been featured in National Geographic, the London Times, Conde Nast Traveler, Coastal Living, Outside Magazine, Everett Potter's Travel Report and Sunset Magazine.
For more information please call: 800-658-7599 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The base camp for Camp Cecil is located on one of the most beautiful beaches in La Paz, Isla Espiritu Santo. The walk-in safari style tents feature real beds with pillow top mattresses, lovely Egyptian cotton linens, bedside tables, area carpets, chairs and lantern lighting. Plenty of storage as well. There are two compost toilets and two sun showers. At the Espiritu Xantus Cafe our on-site chef prepares your daily meals and daily happy hour as well. You can spend each day as you like. We offer kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, swimming with sea lions, stand up paddle boarding and bird watching. Check out cave art, hidden lagoons, and deserted beaches. Or, read, nap, swim and chill. One of our bilinqual guides will accompany you and let him know what you desire and he will make it happen. Our guides are great interpretive naturalists, so not only are the activities a blast, but they are walking encyclopedias on everything from marine mammals to local ecology to Mexican history and more. Great adventure for couples, groups and families and those that enjoy nature and the outdoors, but in comfort. **The Sea of Cortez is home to 39% of the world's total number of marine mammal species, a third of the world's marine cetacean species and 891 species of fish! Truly a remarkable place to explore. Minimum of 2 nights.
Call for availability and pricing: 800-658-7599